Employing the workforce of tomorrow – discover programmes to help recruit, train and mentor young people
Do you want to recruit but struggle to find the right person? Are you interested in working with young people but feel baffled by the sheer amount of information out there when it comes to employment and training?
If so, then this is your opportunity to meet with organisations that can help. Hear from Forth Valley College, the University of Stirling, DYW Forth Valley, Career Ready and Clackmannanshire Council on how they can help your business engage, employ and train the future workforce.
Find out more about:
- Recruitment options and support, including apprenticeships and graduate schemes
- Work experience opportunities through funded placements and internships
- Engaging with local schools to offer voluntary career talks, mock interviews, ‘dragons den’ activities and other projects
- Mentoring a local school pupil or university student
You’ll also have the opportunity to help shape and influence the future of youth employment in our area.
This is your chance to discuss:
- Finding the right young person for your business
- What your needs for the future are
- Skills gaps that you have come across
- What you want out of these programmes
- Feedback on the existing support
- What types of jobs you need filled
- The general issues facing local businesses
Support available for existing and mature employees will also be covered.
This session, unique to Clacks Business Week 2020, really is a one-off opportunity to meet and speak to the local agencies and educational institutions that can connect you with the workforce of tomorrow.