Ceteris (Scotland) Ltd. takes the security and protection of your personal data very seriously. This privacy notice describes how Ceteris protects and makes use of the information you give the company. It will explain how the information you supply will be used, and how you can remove it from our records.
Who we are:
What personal information is collected?
- Names, addresses, personal and business contact details
- Tax codes and identifiers
- Income and employment status
- Business interests
- Bank accounts, investment and pensions
- Details of contact we have had with you in relation to the provision, or the proposed provision, of our services
- Details of any services you have received from us
- Our correspondence and communications with you
- Information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us
- Information from research, surveys and marketing activities
Why we collect this personal information?
The personal information collected is strictly necessary information that can be processed to help understand and meet your needs. We collect, process and store personal data in relation to individuals, data subjects associated with businesses, for our service suppliers, subcontractors and their associates, along with our professional contacts and individuals from other organisations.
- When you contact us by email, telephone, post or social media to enquire about our services
- To understand your needs and how they may be met
- To provide you with professional services and fulfil our contractual obligations where you may be an employee, a subcontractor, a supplier or customer of our client
- To manage our relationship with you
- To verify identification where required
- To communicate with you by post, email or phone
- To maintain client and administrative records
- To process financial transactions and applications
- To prevent and detect crime, fraud or corruption
- To meet legal, regulatory and ethical responsibilities
Who has access to your information?
Our retention policy and data register outlines further the staff members within Ceteris that have access to your personal data.
We will generally comply with requests for specific information from regulatory and law enforcement bodies where this is necessary and appropriate.
Our legal basis for processing
- Ceteris processes personal data securely by means of appropriate technical and organisational measures.
- Ceteris undertakes an analysis of the risks presented by our processing, and uses this to assess the appropriate level of security we need to put in place.
- Ceteris understands the requirements of confidentiality, integrity and availability for the personal data we process.
- Ceteris understands that we may also need to put other technical measures in place depending on our circumstances and the type of personal data we process.
- Ceteris makes sure that we can restore access to personal data in the event of any incidents, such as an appropriate backup process.
- Ceteris conducts regular testing and reviews of our measures to ensure they remain effective, and act on the results of those tests where they highlight areas for improvement.
- Ceteris ensures that any data processor we use also implements appropriate technical and organisational measures.
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Can I find out the personal data that Ceteris holds on me?
Ceteris , at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Ceteris does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identify the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Ceteris or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
- Ceteris accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Passport or driving licence plus a bank statement or utility bill (dated within the last 3 months).
We will normally respond to your request within one month of it being received. However, in some cases, we may need to extend this to three months. We will always write to you within one month of receiving your original request to tell you if this is the case.
A copy of your personal data is usually provided free of charge. However, we can charge a ‘reasonable fee’ where we find that the data requested is excessive or unfounded and in particular if the request is a repetitive one.
Queries or Comments
The details for each of these contacts are:
Data Protection Adviser, Ceteris (Scotland) Ltd., Alloa Business Centre, Alloa Business Park, Whins Road, Alloa, Clackmannanshire, FK10 3SA