The Ceteris maintenance team are rolling out another innovative improvement for our tenants to keep them safe.
Always at the forefront of our mind (now more than ever) is the importance of ensuring our tenants and staff have a safe and welcoming space to work from. We’ve already put lots of processes in place to fight the battle against Covid-19 such as:
- Installing sanitising stations at entrances/exits/meeting rooms
- Providing cleaning materials in toilets and kitchens
- Undertaking touchpoint cleaning during the day
- Enhanced cleaning in the evenings
- Clear and concise signposting and information
Our exciting new system to fight Covid-19 is the introduction of touchpoint coating. Since November, we’ve been in talks with suppliers to undertake the process of coating all touchpoints, from door handles to banisters and light switches to toilet flushes with an antimicrobial, antiviral and antibacterial coating.
The product has now been certified by independent testing against SARS-Cov-2 along with other enveloped viruses and commonly found bacteria including E Coli, MRSA, Streptococcus and Staphylococcus in reducing the spread of infection.
Our fantastic maintenance team have started work already and each touchpoint coated will be identified with a small coating sticker, the process takes around 6 hours to cure for maximum protection. There is a 2 step process to applying the product:
- Step one – Cleaner and prime. Applied by microfibre cloth, this coating deep cleans the surface and, within a few minutes evaporates to leave behind a polymer base layer.
- Step two – Applied to the pre-treated surface evenly then buffed after two minutes. This protective layer takes six hours to fully harden which then leaves an invisible physical barrier which destroys microbes for twelve months.
We’ll still need to continue with hand sanitising, face masks etc. but it will make the use of our business centres safer again.