If your New Year’s resolution is to start a business, or you want to make 2018 the year you grow your venture, make sure getting advice from Business Gateway Clackmannanshire is at the top of your to-do-list.
Regardless of whether you’ve a seed of a business idea or you need expert advice on how to expand your company’s reach, Business Gateway is on hand to provide you with all the advice you need to make it happen.
As well as 1:1 support from a team of experienced local business advisers and an online resource (www.bgateway.com) jam-packed with useful information, Business Gateway offers a wide range of fully funded workshops.
Covering all areas of business, the free seminars, which take place in Alloa Business Centre, aim to help you do everything from write a business plan to tackle tax and include:
- Get real results from your website: January 22nd, 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. – This workshop will explain what makes a good website and help you set measurable and achievable goals for your site
- Business Start-up: Business Planning: February 7th, 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. – This workshop will help you create a robust business plan.
- Business Start Up: Finance: February 7th, 1.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. – This seminar gives you an introduction to the role of finance in business.
- Business Start Up: Marketing: February 8th, 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. – This workshop aims to help you identify your customers, understand your competitors and plan an effective marketing strategy.
- Business Start Up: ICT: February 8th, 1.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. – This workshop aims to give you the knowledge to recognise where information technology can help you operate more effectively.
For those looking to increase their digital skills, Business Gateway’s DigitalBoost programme, which is funded by Digital Scotland, offers a digital health check (www.bgateway.com/digitalboost), online guides and tutorials (www.bgateway.com/online-tutorials), plus the potential for 1:1 support as well as free seminars in Alloa Business Centre that include:
- Facebook for Business (Intermediate): January 11th, 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. – deepen yourunderstanding of how Facebook can be used to engage with your target audience in order to boost conversions.
- Twitter & Hootsuite (Intermediate): January 17th, 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. – A workshop for businesses that wish to produce more engaging content, reach a wider audience and measure the effectiveness.
- Paid for Advertising: February 9th, 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. -This workshop is ideal for those looking to increase the effectiveness of their paid advertising and digital marketing strategy.
- LinkedIn for Business (Intermediate): February 21st, 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. – We’ll take you beyond networking by showing you how LinkedIn can market your products and promote your brand.
Alison Davidson, Business Gateway Clackmannanshire, said: “Traditionally, figures show that the first few months of the year is a busy period for us as people consider making changes to their lifestyle, including fulfilling their dream of setting up a business. By engaging with our full range of services people gain access to support that gives them the confidence, knowledge and skills needed to turn their idea into a viable business and grow their enterprises.”
To find out how Business Gateway could help your business visit www.bgateway.com/clackmannanshire or call 01259 208426.