CETERIS Environmental Policy
We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
Under the guidance of our Green Team, we will:-
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of.
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly.
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it.
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
CETERIS Energy Policy
We are committed to responsible energy management and will practice energy efficiency throughout all our premises. Our Policy is to control energy consumption to avoid unnecessary expenditure, improve cost-effectiveness, productivity, working conditions and protect the environment.
Our long term objectives are to:
- Buy fuel at the most economic cost whilst ensuring security of supply.
- Use fuels as efficiently as possible.
- Reduce the amount of pollution, particularly greenhouse gas emissions, caused by energy consumption.
- Reduce wherever possible our dependence on fossil fuels through the use of renewable energy.
- To control usage of energy for each area of the site consistent with its pattern use.
- To increase awareness of energy issues among staff and visitors and encourage ‘energy responsible’ attitudes.
- To continually review and improve our purchasing and operating practices.
Ceteris believes in Corporate Responsibility
- The Green Team shall be responsible for tracking and monitoring energy consumption.
- Finance Manager is responsible for procurement.
- Property Administrator is responsible for coordinating energy management activities.
- Operations Director is responsible for formulating and implementing energy management policy.
- All staff have a responsibility to ensure their activities do not lead to energy waste.
Our 6-Step Resource Efficient Scotland Energy Efficiency Pledge 2015-2016
- Assign Senior Manager responsibility
- Improve Energy Efficiency with at least a 5% reduction in concumption
- Improve Recycling Rates with at least a 5% increase in recycling
- Set up a Green Team
- External Training
- Make available electric vehicle charging point